DEWALT 20V MAX XR Hammer Drill
This 20V MAX* Cordless 1/2-inch Hammer Drill comes equipped with a heavy-duty ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck with carbide inserts for superior bit-gripping strength and a high-efficiency brushless motor that delivers up to 75% more runtime than brushed.
DEWALT 20V MAX XR Hammer Drill, Brushless, 3-Speed, Tool Only (DCD996B)
The DeWalt DCD996 is the best DeWalt drill, thanks to its brushless motor. However, the most notable advantage of the DCD996 differs from the smaller models in the DeWalt lineup in that it has a hammer setting. For those who don’t know, the hammer setting is a device that helps the unit drill into wood and masonry; it moves back and forth like a hammer, so the drill bit is more complex on the drilling surface when preparing the material.
This special setup is the reason why users decided to offer the “Power horse” designation, as it can drill standard holes and screwdrivers before turning the switch and bypassing the material. Of course, you may not need to install an impact drill, but trust me, you won’t regret it if you do. The drill’s metal gearbox also gives you longer tool life; with the 11-position torque control, you can easily set the drill for fine work involving precision.
- DEWALT-built high power, high efficiency brushless motor of DEWALT 20V hammer drill delivers up to 75% more runtime vs. 18V NiCad brushed motors
- The cordless hammer drill features heavy-duty 1/2-inch ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck with carbide inserts for superior bit gripping strength
- 3-Mode LED provides lighting in dark or confined spaces up to 20X brighter than previous model
- LED Spotlight Mode features 20 minute shutoff function allowing for extended work time in dark or confined spaces
- It has a high-performance brushless motor
- 3-Mode LED
- Fast speed and great design
- There are a few complaints from the customer that the variable speed control design does not work correctly.